Saturday, August 2, 2014

Worthwhile

Worthwhile - according to Merriam Webster Online, it is:
\-ˈhwī(-ə)l, -ˈwī(-ə)l\
: worth doing or getting : good enough, important enough,
etc., to be worth spending time, effort, or money on.

Once there were green fields, kissed by the sun
Once there were valleys where rivers used to run
Once there were blue skies with white clouds high above
Once they were part of an everlasting love
We were the lovers who strolled through green fields

Green fields are gone now, parched by the sun
Gone from the valleys, where rivers used to run
Gone with the cold wind, that swept into my heart
Gone with the lovers, who let their dreams depart
Where are the green fields that we used to roam?

While Einstein said a life worthwhile is meant for
only a life lived for others.
I'll never know what made you run away
How can I keep searching when dark clouds hide the day
I only know there's nothing here for me
Nothing in this wide world left for me to see

A closed friend told me a story tonight.  She is so
desperate for being betrayed by someone she trusts
so much.  Have passed few sleepless nights without
meals.  Well, I told her - we won't die just because
lack of sleeps and intakes.  Eventually we will be
able to survive, being stronger and wiser.  We are
talking about time and cycle.  A process has never
been easy but that's how we will become someone
shaped through time.  

I am not saying I am totally perfect.  I am just
a norm who still face ups and downs.  What I am
trying to say, life is a cycle, a process of what we
will become.  We have choices, own our actions.
We may get distracted somehow and I won't say
it is easy.  But you'll get through it....

I'm a survivor
I've got the eye of a tiger
I've been training again
and eating my fiber
You've been staying alive
Well I've been staying alive ~ er

If you try to keep me down
I'll just come back stronger
If you try to cut me short
I'll just come back longer
If you beat me at ping pong
I'll just play ping pong ~ er
Give me my throne
I'm ready to thrive
One thing I know
I will survive

Worthwhile ~ is a word ...

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn
how to be you in time.. it's easy

Recent movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,
shows lots of "worthwhile", for a Caesar, for
leadership.  There were few scenes so touchy,
and I just couldn't help to shed tears. 
Let me share few lines here, I quote and add
some personal views.  Credit goes to 

1. Scars Make You Strong - scars are a reminder 
healing taken place.

2. Successful leaders have options - I have my
own quotes from the movie when Caesar let go
Koba's hand after saying: You are not ape.

3. Choose your inner circle wisely - sometimes those
closest to us are in our blind spot.  They may attack
and stab you on your back.  One bad leader on our
team can destroy everything.

4. Make sure your inner circle shares your vision -
more than one vision brings division.

5. Choose an inner circle who can handle pressure -
one troublemaker will cost extraordinary amounts
of time and energy to regain trust.

6. Leaders must address rebellion immediately -
smart leaders identify bad morale and deal with it
before it deals with them.

7. Trust and unity must be aggressively protected -
trust is the foundation of quality relationship.  It
will take lifetime to build trust but in a second to
lose it.
8. Beware of personal agendas - beware, just because
you made an investment in someone's life doesn't 
guarantee loyalty. 

9. Leaders are limited because of lack of forgiveness -
I have often said, forgive is easier than forget.  I can
forgive, and the scars are just too deep to forget.  But
I can manage to take and move on (see#1).

10. Great leaders bring people together - this refers to
Caesar and Malcolm.  It takes 2 strong leaders to bring
diverse parties together.
11. "I chose to trust him because he is an ape.  I think
ape is better than human.  I see how much like we are"
- leaders build common ground by focusing on what 
unites us more than what divides us.

12. People always seek strongest branch - your leadership
is only strong as your followers' perception of you.

13. Many people follow fear - fear is great influencer.

14. Leaders must have the courage and conviction to
make hard and unpopular decisions - sometimes you have
to break your own rules to establish orders. (see #2)

15. The importance of loyalty - loyalty doesn't make a
leader, but disloyalty disqualified one from leadership.
Those who are truly loyal to you will stand by you
even if shunned for doing so.

Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
no one's gonna bend nor break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith

Again, worthwhile...
Everyone has own preference defining what worths
for or in life.

Here goes one of my fave song and singer:

Memory .. all alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
It was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again ...

Happiness is one special thing worths to share. 
However I find there is also way that:

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moon light
Someone's thinking of me, and loving me tonight
Somewhere out there, someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another,
in that big somewhere out there...

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through
Then we'll be together, somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true .....

* thank "you" for being there :)

No comments: